What is TRON?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc. The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy. Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of "Peiwo" website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of "Peiwo" is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
TRON Price USD
TRON Price USD
TRON Price USD
- Historical Data
- Enterprise meets DeFi: Organizations work toward adopting blockchain techCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoEnterprise DeFi adoption is in development, but a number of challenges must be addressed before it’s ready for the mainstream. Decentralized finance is quickly maturing.…
- No, Goldman Sachs isn’t a bearish indicator for BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoThe Bitcoin market is a different beast compared to late 2017 when Goldman Sachs balked at launching its crypto trading desk. Peter Brandt, a popular…
- Turkish finance ministry to study cryptocurrency with local regulatorsCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoRegulators are taking a hard look at crypto in Turkey, but local experts welcome the oversight. Turkey made itself a name as a crypto-friendly country…
- Thai SEC forced to clarify proposed crypto rules after public backlashCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoFinancial regulators in Thailand may adjust the minimum annual income qualification for crypto investors amid public outrage. Thailand’s Securities and Exchange Commission has walked back…
- En route to $200K? Bitcoin closed February 26% above Stock-to-Flow model priceCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoBitcoin is actually overshooting the popular S2F model price as the month of March begins. The price of Bitcoin (BTC) is outpacing the popular Stock-to-Flow…